Wednesday 2 March 2011

Clog on the Tyne.

Yesterday was the first sunny day, in which feels like years, around here. I decided to do a spot of charity shop shopping (Sorry, I really can’t bring myself to call it ‘thrifting’) so I hopped on the Metro to North Shields and then South Shields via the ferry. I was sat with my sunglasses lapping up the nice weather as if I was on a Caribbean cruise, not crossing the Tyne!

Photobucket
How exotic.


Photobucket


Sadly I didn’t really see anything particularly nice, so I decided to pop into Newcastle city centre on the way home and picked up a few bits and bobs.

Photobucket
Clogs- H&M £29.99, Tights- Primark £2 each, Lace trimmed socks- Internacionale £2.50, Frankie magazine £5.50. Oh Comely magazine £4.

Photobucket


I’d seen these clogs at around Christmas time, but because I haven’t worn heels since damaging the ligaments in my ankle last summer, I’d put off buying them. I saw that there were only two pairs left, (one being in my size) decided that it was fate and that I MUST spend £29.99 that I can’t really afford. Luckily due to the sturdy shape of the shoe and the wonder of modern medicine (God bless painkillers) I think my stupid ankle might be able to handle these little beauts. I’ll be wearing them with tights for now, but I can’t wait to pair them with summer dresses and shorts. Roll on summer!

I Noticed on Twitter the other day (Shameless plug alert: You can follow Trebles and a Mixer on Twitter @treblesandamixa. It’s mainly just me talking about celebs and what we’ve had for tea.) that Frankie magazine was coming to the UK. I spent last summer in Australia, most of the time I looked sweaty, sunburnt and wore pretty much the same pair of shorts for three months. I started reading Frankie Magazine while I was over there and was reminded that fashion and nice things still existed, even if I was living in a scummy hostel. It kind of reminds me of Bust and Nylon with a bit of Lula’s romanticism thrown in. Basically it’s a lovely mix of fashion, illustration, crafts. Yes, it ends up costing £5.50 because it’s imported, but it’s a delightful little read.

Photobucket
While I was buying this at WH Smith’s I spotted Oh Comely magazine and picked it up. I’d never heard of it before but I’d say it’s quite similar to Frankie and well worth a look.

Some images from Frankie...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


And Oh Comely...


Photobucket

Photobucket


Does anyone have any other suggestions for magazines that are a bit different from the normal celeb trash (Don’t get me wrong I love celeb trash) you find in newsagents?

Love

Claire
X

P.S. Its dissertation time for Bryden at the moment, don’t worry she’s not dead or anything. Luckily I only have a job I don’t really care about occupying my time so I’ll have plenty of time to blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment