Sunday 20 February 2011

A very late January Favourites

Claire's Favourites.

Photobucket


Lee Stafford Treatment for hair that never grows past a certain length
£7.14

Back in June 2010 I decided it would be a good idea to let my friend chop my hair into a bob (with kitchen scissors nonetheless) and since then I’ve been lusting after long locks. I saw a review of this on a beauty blog and after reading rave reviews on the Boots website I decided to buy it. First the downside - The tub which comes priced at £ 7.14 doesn’t last all that long, it’s suggested that you use an egg sized application between every shampoo and condition (I probably only use a 50p sized blob) until the condition of your hair improves then cut back to just using it once a week. I’ve been using this for about 2 months now, I’d say my hair has definitely grown more than usual and it’s in amazing condition.

Good Things Miracle Mattifier Moisturiser
£8.16

My skin has been disgusting lately; we’re talking Grease Fest 2011. This moisturiser has been an absolute saviour. It mattifies my skin without drying it and it smells amazing. I need to check out other products in this range.

Mac Lipstick in Dubonnet
£12.50 (I actually got this free through Back to MAC)

Bryden wore this on a night out; I loved it and copied her. I can’t say much else!

Max Factor False Lash Effect Waterproof Mascara
£10.99

This is one of those products that despite hearing so much about and being told repeatedly by Bryden “That mascara is bloody amazing man!”, I’d never got round to buying. After feeling pretty let down by Rimmel’s Lash Accelerator I finally got round to buying this. I should have listened to Bryden sooner, I LOVE this mascara. It makes my lashes look super long (To the point that people think I’m wearing false lashes), doesn’t clump and keeps my lash curl in for hours. The only down fall is that this stuff is tough to get off, I’ve taken to wearing the Rimmel mascara underneath (As not to waste it) to create a sort of barrier between my lashes and the Max Factor mascara to make it easier to take off.

Cosmopolitan Blend Perfection Sponge
£4.99

I haven’t used a make up sponge since I was about 14 and I didn’t know that foundation brushes existed. I hate make up sponges, they’re just rubbish, but I’d heard good things about this. This little bit of pink sponge has changed my life (Ok, slight exaggeration. It is amazing though.), I’d usually spend ages blending with a brush. This gets in the job done in 30 seconds. I also use it for applying concealer, highlighter and cream blush. Amazing.

Bryden's Favourites

Photobucket

Avril Lavigne Black Star Perfume
30ml £20.43

I am rubbish at describing fragrances. The Perfume Shop's website describes this as ''a fusion of vibrant floral, fruity and gourmand accords, each with a distinctive, lively appeal. The notes blend to create a swirling, sparkling cloud of fragrance, for a truly energetic scent''. Well... I have no idea what that means but in my words I'd describe it as a sweet, fruity floral scent. It's lovely!

CHI Silk Infusion
Prices vary

This is something I have re-discovered. I used to use it all the time and it got shoved to the back of my chest of drawers because I was too scared to run out of the product after Sally's stopped stocking CHI products. I recently found a bottle of CHI Silk Infusion in my local TK Maxx so I retrieved my old bottle from the back of the drawer. I can't believe I stopped using this stuff. It truly is amazing. It cuts down drying time and leaves my hair soft as silk. I'm still dreading running out of the stuff but there's always ebay for when that day comes.

Illamasqua Precision Ink
£17.00 Illamasqua

This stuff lives up to the hype. Amazing colour pay off, easy to apply and the staying power is outstanding. What more could you want from an eyeliner? This eyeliner ticks all the boxes and is well worth paying a little bit more then you would for a drugstore brand eyeliner.

Rimmel Lash Accelerator
£8.99 Boots

Claire hates this and so did I at first. The first time you will open the tube you will find that the product itself is too wet and therefore the only look you will get from this product is the natural look. Give it some time...After a couple of weeks into the product the wetness has gone and you're left with the perfect consistancy to build up your lashes.

Earrings
£3.99 (I THINK) H&M

After seeing a girl in a local pub wearing these I had to track them down and grab myself a pair. They're very heavy to wear but I absolutely love them. Very Edie Sedgwick.

x

3 comments:

  1. great post, i really like the H and M earrings
    i would love for you to check out my blog and tell me what you think
    Ashley
    http://wise-rabbit-says.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely ADORE Max Factors mascaras! They are the best mascaras in my opinion! However I'm not such a big fan of waterproof mascaras they're so hard to take off! :p And I can't really see the MAC lipstick what kind of shade is it? MAC's coming up with a new collection for spring btw! You should check it out on my blog! Great post btw!

    http://carpe-diem13-beauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's Dubonet- a really nice deep, dark red. I tried swatching it, but I haven't really mastered the art of photographing my hand so closely yet!

    I prefer waterproof mascaras because I find they clump less, however they are an absolute bugger to remove!

    Claire
    x

    ReplyDelete