Sunday 10 July 2011

Nowhere to run.

It's been a while hasn't it? It's been a bit crazy round here lately. Sadly the tenancy on our house came to an end, so Bryden and I no longer live together. Sad face! The past few weeks have been filled with packing, cleaning and moving; that on top of work, we haven't had much time for blogging. I'm currently living with my friend for two months, which will hopefully give me time to sort out my life a bit! I'm starting to get itchy feet to go travelling again and last weekend I did a TEFL course which will hopefully help get me on my way again.

I've spent today lazing around my room and catching up on my favourite blogs (Any suggestions for blogs for me to check out would be appreciated, self promotion is totally welcomed!). I saw this post over on Tavi's blog , who I'm sure you're all aware of, about inspiration for redecorating her bedroom. I'm always fascinated by other peoples rooms, I did various pieces of work centred around this when I was at college and university. She has some seriously good inspiration going on there.

I thought I'd share my current bedroom with you; it's a slightly steamlined version of my usual room, as I didn't want to unpack all of my things when I'm only living here for two months. I actually have a ridiculous amount of belongings, there's currently around twenty odd boxes of books and magazines residing my my parents garage. I'm like one of those crazy old people that horde so much stuff, the council have to come and dig them out.

A previous tentant had put nails into the walls (some in really odd places), this has been handy for displaying my jewellery and current favourite clothing- such as the yellow Topshop top, which thanks to sale discount and my 'mad haggling skillz' I got for £13.50 instead of £36. I'm used to having more storage space, but I'm currently making do with the shelving unit which is serving as a dressing table come library.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


Normal blog posts should resume this week as things start to settle down, thank you for bearing with us! I'm off to spend the rest of my Sunday riding out my hangover by watching films and eating pizza in bed. Heaven!

Claire
x

7 comments:

  1. That Marlene Dietrich poster is mega gorgeous! I have a much less brilliant one on my own wall!

    Here is some shameless self-promotion: check out www.betteontoast.blogspot.com !

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, love this post. That top is gorgeous, and all the straw bags <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love the little cups you keep your make up brushes in, where are they from?

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh and PS blog recommendation if you are in to vintage clothing and furniture check out http://annieandthemannequinsvintage.blogspot.com/

    these are my friends who run a ebay shop selling vintage pieces, some gorgeous stuff! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've done a really good job making a temporary room look nice!
    Loving the cheeky lucky cat on the bottom shelf just sneaking in.

    I've just set up a new blog about my life in the Toon so you should have a peek once I start writing! http://thegeordiediaries.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you ladies! I will check out all of your blogs when I get a moment!
    Gem- I think the pots were from a cheap homeware shop that was called Au Naturel or something? I don't think it exsists anymore, I've had them for years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful room and that top is lovely!
    what a bargain

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete