Tuesday 10 June 2014

I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts...

 photo F92BDB1B-945B-4DB0-BEC6-07ADFE09AE67_zps2o91ufth.jpg

..Or a lovely bunch of coconut products. It’s that time of year again- summertime! Where long, hot days are filled with beach trips and basking in the sunshine. Oh, wait. I live in the North of England, that’s not what happens at all. But at least I can recreate the feeling of being on a tropical island, by smelling like one, even if it’s more likely to rain all summer long. Coconut is one of my all-time favourite scents and as soon as there is the tiniest glimmer of sunshine, I start to douse myself in the stuff.

I start in the shower, by using Original Source Coconut Shower Gel. I’m a big fan of Original Source products as they’re really cheap, but smell so good. My tropical shower theme is continued with the Coconut Milk Shampoo and Conditioner by Organix; I love the smell of these products, but are sadly a bit too heavy for everyday use on my hair. I use the serum from the same collection, before blow drying my hair, but again I have to use it really sparingly.

I love the pistachio Dry Skin Fix body butter by Nip+Fab and the coconut one is just as good at moisturising, but sadly doesn’t have a very strong scent. I usually mix in some Coconut Beautifying Oil from The Body Shop, to boost the scent. This stuff smells amazing and has so many uses- I use it on my body, as a facial oil at night and even to calm my frizzy hair on humid days. It gives your skin a lovely glow, which would look great on tanned skin (sadly I have the complexion of Caspar the friendly ghost).

To finish off my coconut bonanza, I spritz myself with a few sprays of The Body Shop’s Coconut EDT, which has a very similar smell to Harajuku Lover’s G perfume (but is cheaper and easier to find) and is a perfect summery scent.

Do you guys have any coconut product recommendations for a nutter (get it??) like me?

Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment