Sunday 9 December 2012

So many nail varnishes and all I want to wear is red, red, red...

Like the title, I have so many nail varnishes in a variety of colours but as soon as it hit November it seems like all I want to wear is shades of red. I must have gotten into the Christmas spirit a little earlier than usual and suppose if there was ever a good excuse for wearing red nails then Christmas would be the best excuse in the world!

It's also made me realise how many shades of red I actually have! Guilt setting in about wasting my money on shades which are more or less the same was made worse when I actually found two Nails Inc. varnishes in the same sodding colour! GRR.. I'm hoping these were a freebie in a magazine. Mind you who buys two magazines to get the same colour varnish which will last forever anyway?! Obviously me if this was the case...

Anyway! Moving on to the favourites... I seem to be wearing these on rotation, sometimes even changing my colour every day if I'm bored.

DSC07147
Left to Right - China Glaze 'Long Kiss', Ciate 'Kitten Heels', Nails Inc 'Tate', Deborah Lippman 'Razzle Dazzle', OPI 'The Spy Who Loved Me' From the Sky Fall mini collection.

DSC07148
Left to Right - China Glaze 'Long Kiss', Ciate 'Kitten Heels'

DSC07149
Left to Right - Nails Inc 'Tate', Deborah Lippman 'Razzle Dazzle', OPI 'The Spy Who Loved Me' From the Sky Fall mini collection.

My favourite out of all of them is China Glaze 'Long Kiss'. This was one of my first varnishes from China Glaze so the bottle looks a bit bashed up - The product is still perfect inside and I must have had this since about 2007! Beautiful rich colour. Perfect for wintery days.

The Deborah Lippmann one is a love/hate. It's a very rich and dark berry with pinky/fushia-y/red glitter inside. It's beautiful in the bottle but I always feel a little disheartened when I apply it. I love the colour and the glitter as it gives a lovely texture but it's kind of dull once its on the nails. In the bottle it is so sparkly but on the nails it's a massive dull let down. I just feel for something that should be a night out/party varnish it's been pushed into my office wear category (Read as: Safe) and it should've been more than that.

Another varnish of note is the OPI 'The Spy Who Loved Me' which is a bright red with gold glitter running through it. Given to me by Claire for my birthday (Thanks Claire!) it's became one of my most worn shades at the moment. All I can say about this is - Christmas in a bottle!!

What are you wearing on your nails at the moment? Are you in a red nails phase at the moment too? What's your favourite red varnish? Let me know as if I overcome my guilt about too many red varnishes then I'm up for buying a couple more!! 

 Bryden xx

2 comments:

  1. I want that OPI!

    I really did love that Deborah Lippmann that came in last years Glossy. I wish they'd give us another shade in next months box!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's soo lovely! I think I wanna buy a big version after the Christmas spends are over.

    ReplyDelete