Saturday 20 April 2013

REVIEW: Kiehls Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado

Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado
 photo 938bce83562db1ee15e0b73b755b76ae_zpsb0cac231.jpg

I've had the Kiehls Creamy Eye Treatment for about 7 or 8 months or so now and I have used it every day. I bought this after seeing great reviews for it online and as I'm pushing 30 (I'm 27 in October and in my eyes this is definitely pushing 30!) I thought it was best to start using an eye cream. 


I chose this eye cream because I had seen reviews that said this cream had improved the appearance of melia under the eyes and that was a current problem of mine. The online reviews gave me the impression that this was quite a cult product so I was expecting great results.


What Kiehl's say about the product:

"Rich and creamy non-migrating formula that delivers moisture to the delicate under eye-area. Gently protects the skin against external aggressors"

The skin care ingredients:

Avocado Oil - Natural source of amino acid proteins, Vitamins A, D and E and potassium. Helps restore natural moisture.
Beta Carotine - Antioxident. Used in vitamin A production. 
Shea ButterShea Butter is the natural fat obtained from the fruit of the African Karate tree and is widely used in lotions and cleansing products for its hydrating properties. Protects skin from dehydration, restores skin's suppleness and improves the appearance of dry skin.

How it worked for me:

The product itself is quite a weird texture. When you take a little bit of the product you immediately expect it to be really thick and greasy, yet once it is applied it almost melts into the skin and creates some slip. For this reason it does not tug against your skin. It feels very nice on application. It does a permanent effect and this wears off.

The cream moisturises nicely and I think this might be good for someone who suffers from dry patches under their eyes. My skin is quite moist around this area so I did not see any dramatic differences. The product did not help with any dark circles but I did not expect it to as it is clearly a product to solely moisturise the eye area. The product does not claim to be anti ageing. 

It did improve the appearance of melia under my eyes but they have not dissapeared completely.


The pot lasts for ages. You can now buy a 28ml version for £33 now which if you like the product would work out cheaper then continuing to buy the smaller pots. The smaller pots are 14ml for £20.

Would I buy it again:

I would consider buying again if I started to suffer from dry skin under my eyes or if my melia came back with a vengeance. But at the moment I am happy to try another product with a cheaper price tag.

Bryden xx

No comments:

Post a Comment