Wednesday 16 October 2013

Southern Eleven - Manchester

Steven and I took took a trip to Manchester recently for my birthday. We opted to try some American inspired fare from Southern Eleven in central Manchester.

The menu was packed with choice but we both decided on the same main course - the southern tasting platter and ordered an extra side of Macaroni Cheese. We chose deep fried gherkins with dips (with extra blue cheese dip) for our starter. 

 photo 9c56289d-c989-459a-93d5-286ada9ee135_zpsfc23ea09.jpg
Starters - Deep Fried Gherkins and dipping sauces
 photo ec2132e7-3a6f-4869-9c1d-8641e8f7b911_zps9987ea7c.jpg
Main - Southern Tasting Platter and Macaroni Cheese 
The tasting platter consisted of two massive ribs, beef brisket, pulled pork with a side of parmesan truffle fries. The fries were absolutely amazing! The meat was also good. We couldn't finish the generous portions and had to leave about half each. It's a shame we were so far away from home otherwise I would have asked for a doggy bag! The Macaroni cheese was rich but lacked the cheesy punch I was hoping for. 

I don't usually give scores when I post about restaurants but if I had to give this place a score it would be 7/10. There just seemed to be something lacking and we didn't get particularly excited about it at all. I think the Americana fad has faded... Pulled pork isn't doing it for me anymore.

Bryden x

No comments:

Post a Comment